Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My famous Chili / Chilli cheese dip

This is a good "sweet" chilli.. My family loves it...

Ingredients
32 oz can Chili beans (I use kidney beans)
3 cans of Diced tomatoes
1 Diced onion
garlic (to taste)
Ground turkey (ground beef works too but I like the lower fat version)
3 large cans of Tomato Soup
2 cans of tomato paste
1 pkg Chili seasoning

Preparation
Cook & drain meat in skillet and add to crockpot. Add diced tomatoes, diced onion, garlic, and tomato soup into crockpot. Let cook on low heat 6-8 hours, 30 minutes before serving add in the chili seasoning (to taste) and the tomato paste. Stir in and let cook 30 minutes before serving.. I serve it with soup crackers on the side..

Alternative for leftovers

Store leftovers in crockpot and put back in the base the next day. Add one container of Velveeta cheese and stir until melted... Serve with Frito scoops or tortilla chips. This is a good party dish.. The kids LOVE it..

No comments:

Post a Comment