Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Chicken & Wild rice soup...

This is one of my personal favorites and its so easy you can put it in the crockpot and leave it to cook all day...

Ingredients
1 whole Chicken
Chicken broth (I prefer to make my own but you can use FF premade broth)
3 stalks of Celery (diced)
2 small boxes of Wild Rice (I prefer paddy grown)
1 Onion (diced)
1 lb Mushrooms (or more to taste)
Garlic (to taste)
Salt & pepper (to taste)

Preparation
I make my own chicken broth my boiling a whole chicken (this can be done the night before). Then I remove the chicken from the bones and put it in the crockpot. If you make your own broth make sure you skim the fat off the top of it.

Add broth, celery, wild rice, mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt & pepper, to crockpot. Let cook 8 hours. I like to serve this with my homemade angel or buttermilk biscuits. YUM! Simple but soooo good..

No comments:

Post a Comment