Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Chicken pot pie..

Chicken Pot Pie... This is my husband's favorite meal...

Ingredients
2 lbs of Chicken (I use boneless skinless breasts or thighs)
4 Pie crusts (premade work fine)
3 cans of Cream of chicken soup
1 bag of frozen peas & carrots
3 Potatoes (cut into small squares)


Preparation
Take premade pie crusts and layer two crusts in the bottom of the pan (I use a 12x9 glass pan), use a fork to poke holes in the bottom of the crust, and cook in the oven at 375 until they start to turn golden on the bottom. While crust is cooking mix cream of chicken soup, frozen peas & carrots, and the cut up potatoes,and roasted garlic to taste in a pot and heat on the stove til bubbly. You may need to add a little milk to it.

Remove the crust from the oven and let it cool a little bit. Then pour mixture from the pot into the cooked crust. Top it with the remaining two crusts.. I use a fork to press down the ends and make the crust look "fancy".. I put three cuts on the top crust with a knife so that it can vent. Cook until the crust is golden brown and the filling is nice and bubbly.

Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment