Friday, July 17, 2009

"Jello cake"


Ingredients
Vanilla Cake mix (or you can make one from scratch like I do)
1 tub Whip cream (I use homemade from heavy whipping cream)
2 pkgs of jello (you choose the flavor)
Fruit (I use the same fruit as the jello flavor I choose)
2 c. hot water

Preparation
Make your cake like you normally would. After you pull it out of the oven use a fork to poke "small holes" all over the top of the cake. Mix the two pkgs of jello with 2 c. very hot water. Poor the jello over the top of the cake and let it set.

You can either top the cake with fruit then put whipped cream over the top or put the whipped cream then fruit on top of that..

My favorite versions of this cake
I like strawberry jello with strawberries on top...
It also works well with orange jello and mandarin oranges..
I would be interested to see if you guys try other versions of this and they work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment